Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunrise from Granite Pass


I took advantage of the lack of snow in the area to run one of my favorite loops over Granite Pass and Storm Pass in RMNP.  Yes the trails were easily passable in trail running shoes (no extra traction required), but the elements above timberline this morning were a reminder that it is late November.  I did make myself a temporary shelter between some boulders on Granite Pass so I could at least enjoy the sunrise.  A bit blustery up there above 12000 feet.  The weather was actually quite pleasant once I dropped back down below the trees on North Longs Peak Trail.  As expected, I didn't see too many people.

The 16-mile Loop (clockwise): East Longs Peak/North Longs Peak/Boulder Brook/Storm Pass, starting and finishing at the Longs Peak Ranger Station trailhead.

GPS data here

Some photos from the morning


Fern Lake fire still burning below.












No comments:

Post a Comment