Sunday, January 9, 2011

Let it snow


Another 4 to 6 inches of fresh powder this morning (and still accumulating) as I took another run from Coyote Ridge and went a little further down toward Devil's Backbone than I did last Sunday.  Breaking trail all the way as no other souls braved the storm (at least not where I was).  The fluffy snow hardly provided any resistance to running.  This run was more an exercise in agility as the many technical rocky sections along this route are a challenge even when you can actually see the rocks, which I couldn't.

Speaking of rocky terrain, congrats to Dave Mackey and Liza Howard for winning at the Bandera 100K this weekend in Texas.  I don't know the details yet, but it sounds like Nick's course record from last year went down hard.  Hopefully Dave will use his automatic qualifier for Western States to add to the already stacked field.

I'm looking forward to exploring some trails around Pikes Peak next weekend with the CRUD for the last installment of Front Range Fat Ass events (details here).

Today's run (on a beautiful morning): 16.2 miles, 2286 feet climbed, GPS data here

Devil's Backbone

Climbing back over Coyote Ridge

Dude, where's my car?

No comments:

Post a Comment