Sunday, January 30, 2011

Climbing the Rocks



I made my first 2011 summit of Horsetooth early this morning, and added another summit of Arthurs Rock for good measure.  Another nice loop around Horsetooth and Lory Parks, taking full advantage of the excellent trail conditions for this time of year.  I guess we are in for another taste of winter tomorrow, so it was nice to enjoy the clear trails today.  With today's run, I pushed my January climbing up to 6 miles or about one Hardrock 100 race.  I'm getting very anxious for the Hardrock lottery later this week.

Today's course:
Southridge/Audra Culver/Horsetooth Rock (with Summit)/Wathen/Spring Creek/Mill Creek/Howard/Westridge(Lory)/Timber/Arthurs Rock (with Summit)/Valley/Sawmill/Stout/Spring Creek/Horsetooth Falls

20.54 miles and 4931 feet of climbing (GPS data here)


Wathen trail at sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment