Sunday, July 31, 2011

Towers Road Again and Again and ...



This had to be the craziest thing I've done since Round Mountain Ladders.  Again, I only have the FCTR crew to blame (thank).  What an idea!  Let's run up and down Towers Road for 24 hours!  Okay, so I didn't start until 3:15am this morning, giving me a little less than 4 hours to add some laps to the 1st ever 24 Hours of Towers.  I had to give it a pretty stout effort to get 3 laps done by 7am.  I then made it a Towers Quad with a 4th (very slow) trip up to the towers and back to complete my workout this morning.  Brian's preliminary results had us putting up over 200 laps as a group.  Not hard to see why Fort Collins seems to dominate the results lists at many trail races around the Rocky Mountain region.

A new Appalacian Trail speed record was set today by Jen Pharr Davis.  No, not the women's record (which she already owned), but the fastest known time by anyone.  Her 46 days, 11 hours, and 20 minutes for covering the 2181-mile AT was over 26 hours faster than Andrew Thompson's previous record.  Of course this was fully-suported (no 40 pound pack to carry), but still amazing!

Today's run:
Towers Road Quad, 27.29 miles, 6722 feet climbed, GPS data here

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention the Towers Run on Thursday AM for a total of 5! in 4 days.

    ReplyDelete