Sunday, March 27, 2011

Recovery Week


Recovery week I guess.  Ran just twice this week (both easy road runs) leading up to today's return to the trails.  I was sort of hoping the extra rest would have me flying over the trails today.  Not really the case.  Probably the rocky terrain of Devil's Backbone and Coyote Ridge weren't the best for the nagging PF and tweaked ankle.  Oh well, it was my best option for getting some bigger miles today and "R-E-S-T" is just a bad 4-letter word.  Still a great morning out there (actually it was dark for almost the first 3 hours).  I could have easily kept chugging away a lot longer, so at least that was a good sign.  I will just kick things back into high gear and accept the fact that my days of ever running completely pain-free are long over.

Today's run:
Coyote Ridge TH - Devil's Backbone TH - Blue Sky TH - Coyote Ridge TH
28.25 miles, 3723 feet climbed, GPS data here

No comments:

Post a Comment