Friday, September 30, 2011

September Summary


The totals for September:
118 miles, 4.6 vertical miles

The breakdown:
8 trail runs, 84 miles, 3.8 vertical miles, 22 hours
2 road runs, 13mi, 0.1vm, 2hrs
2 track workouts, 10mi, 0vm, 2hrs
2 treadmill workouts, 11mi, 0.7vm, 2hrs
9 weight lifting, 9 hrs
16 rest days

I took 12 straight rest days in the early part of the month due to a bad cold, easily making these my lowest monthly totals all year.  I can't remember the last time I took this many days off in a row, but I felt like crap and had no need to rush back into it.  It definitely gave me a renewed vigor as soon as I stepped foot on a trail again.

I love this time of year, except for the late sunrise.  Only 2 of my runs all month involved daylight.  Hopefully, I'll get up for some more alpine scrambling and peak bagging before it gets buried in the white stuff.  I've also got to get out to some of the great foliage areas (i.e. Flowers Road/White Pine) which are peaking right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment