Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Hardrock Wait List (Do I train for this thing or not?)



Now that the suspense of the Hardrock lottery is over, let the suspense of the Hardrock wait list begin.  Here is some info that may be of interest to many of you (my fellow wait-listers) who are wondering if it's time to start training for Hardrock or not.

Last year's Veteran category:
35 spots

I didn't find the number of wait-listers for last year (I think it was around 10), but I do know that everyone on the Veteran wait list ended up getting offered a spot in the 2014 Hardrock.  There has been some concern that 20-time Hardrock finisher Kirk Apt won't be able to run in 2015, but at #6 on the wait list, I'm pretty sure he will get his shot at kissing the rock a 21st time.

Last year's Never category:
35 spots

This wait list went 13 deep last year.  Now there are 47 "Never" spots and, therefore, I expect the wait list will go a little deeper.  I personally hope it goes at least 19 deep.

Last year's Else category:
70 spots

The final spot in Hardrock 2014 was given to #16 on the "Else" wait list just hours before the start.  Let's just say that my Hardrock training has already begun and I will be in Silverton this July.  My wait list spot?  Number 16.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment